Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Let's get started

Bible study to kick off 2-13-06

We will begin this Bible Study Blog next Monday, Feb. 13, 2006. After prayerful consideration, I have decided to start with the book of Ephesians. It is one of Paul's letter's (the apostle Paul,) and is fairly short. It has a lot of great information and is very uplifting. If you want to read over it before next week, do so. As we go through bit by bit, an overview would be helpful.

It is my hope and prayer that each of us spend a few minutes everyday to relax, read, and reflect (the three R's.) Make comments at the end of each day's lesson if you wish. Remember, the Holy Spirit lives in all of us. We may have an idea or be touched in a way that would help out our brothers and sisters, don't be afraid to share.

Use this as an evangelistic tool. Tell your friends and classmates. Invite them to share in this study. Invite your family back home. This could be a way for them to connect with you even though you may be hundreds of miles from home. Don't be afraid to tell anyone. Remember, evangelism is one beggar telling another beggar where to find bread. We are all hungry for God, share your knowledge with others.

I have a sidebar box in the blog, although I am still trying to get it to work correctly. I envision this to be used for prayer concerns or joys to be shared with others. I hope it is functional by Monday. Remember, I am not a computer guy, this is all new and scary for me. If you have suggestions or hints, please share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home