Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Genesis 46:1-7

Relax, Read and Reflect.
Prayer- Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Jacob Goes to Egypt
1 So Israel set out with all that was his, and when he reached Beersheba, he offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac.
2 And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, "Jacob! Jacob!" "Here I am," he replied.
3 "I am God, the God of your father," he said. "Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there. 4 I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again. And Joseph's own hand will close your eyes."
5 Then Jacob left Beersheba, and Israel's sons took their father Jacob and their children and their wives in the carts that Pharaoh had sent to transport him. 6 They also took with them their livestock and the possessions they had acquired in Canaan, and Jacob and all his offspring went to Egypt. 7 He took with him to Egypt his sons and grandsons and his daughters and granddaughters—all his offspring.

Jacob’s family goes to Egypt. This was like the Okie migration to California during the Dust Bowl of the 1930's and 1940's. Country come to town. Jacob was a little nervous about making the trip. He wanted to see his son, but taking the tribe to Egypt meant that he would probably die there, and he would never see Canaan again.
God came to him in a dream to comfort him, so he went. Sometimes we get nervous before making a life changing decision,(like going to college.) Jacob prayed and God answered. He will do the same for us.
Prayer- Lord, I know you have great plans for me and all who read this. Sometimes I become afraid of what lies ahead. Comfort me, and guide me in the direction You would have me go. Go-Fight-Win. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home