Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

John 10:19-30

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

19At these words the Jews were again divided. 20Many of them said, "He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?"

21But others said, "These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?"

The Unbelief of the Jews
22Then came the Feast of Dedicationa]'> at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon's Colonnade. 24The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ,b]'> tell us plainly."

25Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than allc]'>; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand. 30I and the Father are one."

The people are divided. Some think he is crazy, some think he is the messiah. (There is a fine line between insanity and genius.) The ones who think he is crazy can't believe. The others flat out ask if he is the Messiah. Jesus responds by telling them He has already answered that question, (in the affirmative,) but their lack of faith prevents them believing. Again he uses a sheep metaphor, and closes by saying that He and God, (His Father,) are one.

Questions:

1. Do we find it difficult to accept things we don't understand?

2. If you were around during the Disciples time, would you think Jesus was God, or crazy?

3. What will happen now that Jesus announces he is God again? (and what else do we stone?)

Prayer- Dear Lord, Help us show our beliefs as we work in our world. Strengthen us and be with us always, even when we are far from our normal home and fellowship. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home