Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Micah 2:6-11

Relax, Read and Reflect
 Micah 2:6-11 (New International Version, ©2011)False Prophets6 "Do not prophesy," their prophets say.
"Do not prophesy about these things;
disgrace will not overtake us."
7 You descendants of Jacob, should it be said,
"Does the LORD become[
a] impatient?
Does he do such things?"

"Do not my words do good
to the one whose ways are upright?
8 Lately my people have risen up
like an enemy.
You strip off the rich robe
from those who pass by without a care,
like men returning from battle.
9 You drive the women of my people
from their pleasant homes.
You take away my blessing
from their children forever.
10 Get up, go away!
For this is not your resting place,
because it is defiled,
it is ruined, beyond all remedy.
11 If a liar and deceiver comes and says,
‘I will prophesy for you plenty of wine and beer,’
that would be just the prophet for this people!


There were false prophets during Micah’s time, just as there are false prophets today. Micah lashes out at them. He says that there preaching is causing the problems of the day. I really like vs. 11. This is the "more beer" candidate. According to the prophet Micah, this is really what the people want to hear.
Have things changed that much? There is lot’s of teaching now that just say live and be happy, that is all we can do. That is what God wants, is for His people to be happy. Really? Our God, our very jealous God just wants us to carry on as long as it feels good to us? Micah says no and I agree. We are not on the earth to please ourselves, we are here to please God and our neighbors.

Questions:
1. What are the false teachers teaching?
2. What is this causing within God?
3. Who is getting hurt?

Prayer- Lord, give us the power and wisdom to see through false prophets and their teaching. Help us concentrate on Your truth. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home