Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Genesis 27:13-21

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer-Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen
.
13 His mother said to him, "My son, let the curse fall on me. Just do what I say; go and get them for me."
14 So he went and got them and brought them to his mother, and she prepared some tasty food, just the way his father liked it. 15 Then Rebekah took the best clothes of Esau her older son, which she had in the house, and put them on her younger son Jacob. 16 She also covered his hands and the smooth part of his neck with the goatskins. 17 Then she handed to her son Jacob the tasty food and the bread she had made.
18 He went to his father and said, "My father." "Yes, my son," he answered. "Who is it?"
19 Jacob said to his father, "I am Esau your firstborn. I have done as you told me. Please sit up and eat some of my game so that you may give me your blessing."
20 Isaac asked his son, "How did you find it so quickly, my son?" "The LORD your God gave me success," he replied.
21 Then Isaac said to Jacob, "Come near so I can touch you, my son, to know whether you really are my son Esau or not."

When we conspire to deceive, we distance ourselves from God. Although Jacob knew he was doing wrong, he did not try to stop his mother from deceiving Isaac. He payed a little lip service at first, but once Rebekah said she would assume responsibility, he went on with the plan. Once the deception started, he felt there was no turning back.
There is never a no-turn back point when we sin. Even though it may be hard, we can stop our sin at any time. If we do not, it is our choice, and is never out of our hands.
Even if it is not our plan to sin, we are still st fault if we do not stop when we know what we are doing is wrong. Jacob knew what his mother was doing was wrong, yet he still helped her. The Nazi officers at the Jewish concentration camps knew what was going on was wrong, but were too scared to try to stop things, and they were just as guilty as the people who thought of the plans for the holocaust. We are not perfect, we sin. We will be always held accountable for our sins. The good news is that if we confess and ask for forgiveness, it is granted. Christ died to complete that deal.
Prayer- Lord, Give us strength to live nas you want us to live. Give us the wisdom to see when we are not doing your work, and give us the courage to make adjustments. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Things to do-Read Genesis 27:22-29

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home