Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Genesis 50:22-26

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
22-23 Joseph continued to live in Egypt with his father's family. Joseph lived 110 years. He lived to see Ephraim's sons into the third generation. The sons of Makir, Manasseh's son, were also recognized as Joseph's.
24 At the end, Joseph said to his brothers, "I am ready to die. God will most certainly pay you a visit and take you out of this land and back to the land he so solemnly promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."
25 Then Joseph made the sons of Israel promise under oath, "When God makes his visitation, make sure you take my bones with you as you leave here."
26 Joseph died at the age of 110 years. They embalmed him and placed him in a coffin in Egypt.

So, Joseph lived to be an old and happy man. So ends the book of Genesis, the opening book of the Bible. We have looked at many stories of great men, but it was not the men themselves that made them great. They all had flaws and weaknesses, some more than others. They all had a faith in their God, the only God. God worked through these people to accomplish great things, as He works in us to accomplish great things.
The Book of Genesis is the foundation for the rest of the Bible. It is long, hard to read at times, and full of stories. These are the stories and traditions of our faith and our understanding of God. Without them, we would not have the strong foundation that is important to withstand all life can give us.
Prayer- Lord, Give us strength and wisdom. Help us remember that men are not perfect, but You are. When we have faith in You, we strive towards perfection. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home