Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Romans 9:1-5

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Romans 9
God's Sovereign Choice

1I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit— 2I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. 3For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, those of my own race, 4the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. 5Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.
Say what you will about Paul, but he had love in his heart for people. He knew the Jewish beliefs and traditions, actually he knew them very well. He understood that they were God's adopted people, the chosen ones. He also knew there was a knew adoption available. This adoption was for everyone to take, Jew or gentile. He states that he would offer himself up to be cut off from Christ, (and therefore God,) for the sake of his people. That is love!
Paul is willing to sacrifice all for many people he has never met, nor would likely ever meet. What are we, as the body of Christ, willing to sacrifice for others? Our time?, our money?, our safety? How much do we love?
Prayer- Lord, Help us love our neighbors, all of them, as we love ourselves. Give us the strength to show the world Your love through and in us. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home