Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Philippians 1:15-18

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.


15It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.[

] 18But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

Even Paul had problems with jealousy. Some people were suspicious of Paul and his ministry, even some of the fellow Christians. Christians are people. People are not perfect. Even the best of you have flaws in your personality. Even loving Christians can get envious. I am a very competitive person, and sometimes this spills over into ministry. When we have a successful event. I tend to take praise. If not, I can make excuses.
Paul cuts right to the core and says "So What?" The important thing is that Christ is being preached. People hear the Word and lives are being changed. This is what makes us happy.
As we go through this season of Lent, let’s all try to put aside our petty differences and jealousies and remember what is important. Christ Loves us and we should love each other. The rest is just stuff.
Prayer- Lord, help us remember that we all have a part of Your ministry. Give us the wisdom to see it in others, and the patience to love ourselves. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home