Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

John 10:31-42

Relax, Read and Reflect

Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

31Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, 32but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"

33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

34Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'a]'>? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 37Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father." 39Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

40Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. Here he stayed 41and many people came to him. They said, "Though John never performed a miraculous sign, all that John said about this man was true." 42And in that place many believed in Jesus.

Jesus is not doing as many miracles, He is now concentrating on teaching, and some of the people aren't digging it. Again they want to chunk rocks at him. He asks why? The crowd says that they like the miracles and all, they just don't like the blasphemy. Jesus bows up. He reasserts that He is God's son. He then asks them to believe through the things he has done and said. The crowd is not swayed and bum-rushes Jesus, but He escapes. He heads back across the Jordan to where John had been working earlier, and there many people started to believe.

Questions:

1. Why do the people want to kill Jesus?

2. How does Jesus compare Himself to God?

3. Why is it important that Jesus goes to a place where John had been baptising?

Prayer- Dear Lord, Watch over us. Please protect us from evil and help us see the Truth in all we do and say. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home