Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Micah 2:12-13

Relax, Read and Reflect

Prayer- Lord, Open our minds and open our hearts and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

Micah 2:12-13 (New International Version, ©2011)Deliverance Promised12 "I will surely gather all of you, Jacob;
I will surely bring together the remnant of Israel.
I will bring them together like sheep in a pen,
like a flock in its pasture;
the place will throng with people.
13 The One who breaks open the way will go up before them;
they will break through the gate and go out.
Their King will pass through before them,
the LORD at their head."


It is important to remember the timing of Micah. This was written before the Hebrew nation fell and was forced into exile, and obviously, before the Messiah came. Micah foreshadows both of these events in these two verses. Re-read them and see what he says.
If the kingdom is to be restored, as in these verses, that means that it must first be destroyed. When we think of prophets this is usually the vision we have. Gloom, despair and agony on the people, that the stuff of prophecy. Micah looks past this now, and tells of salvation and restoration.

Questions:
1. How will God act towards the survivors of the collapse of Israel?
2. What will happen to the flock?
3. When will the King come?

Prayer- Lord, strengthen us so that we may weather the storms of life. Help us recognize Your truth. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home