Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Galatians 4:17-20

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
17Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may be zealous for them. 18It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always and not just when I am with you. 19My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, 20how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you.
This may be a reason cults get so "active." "These people" that Paul is referring to are false teachers, and yes, they can be very zealous to win you over. Many of you have seen some very zealous evangelist, and even some people who may preach a religion you are not familiar with. Beware, especially if they use their message to alienate you from friends and family.
I am not saying do not get fired up, but be sure you are getting fired up for the right reasons. Paul was very successful in his ministry because of several reasons, one of which was the nurturing spirit he had with the churches he founded. It is almost like that of a parent. Like a parent, he felt their pains as they became more mature in their relationship with Christ. I know how he feels. All of the young people that Joy and I have touched are like our children. When you guys hurt, we hurt. When events or people form a wedge between you and God, we want to get you and hug you until this goes away.
Being a parent is tough. The toughest thing is letting go and having faith in God that everything will be OK. If your parents are not understanding some of the things you are doing, that’s OK. Try to think what they are thinking, but don’t get too depressed. Don’t let yourself be alienated, don’t give up, and always have faith. Help parents and friends out by showing how you have matured emotionally as well as spiritually, physically as well as mentally.
Prayer- Lord Help me be fired up for the right reason, and You are the best reason of all. Go- Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home