Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Galatians 3:26-29

Relax, Read and Reflect.
Prayer- Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Sons of God
26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.


This is a short reading today-but very powerful. During Paul’s time the children, women and slaves all dressed different than the free men. We still do this today, men wear work suits or work clothes,(same thing,) and women wear dresses and children wear shorts. I know this is a bunch of generalities, but look past that and look at the big picture.
When we are baptized into Christ, we put on a whole new wardrobe. Maybe not on the outside, but on the inside. Age, sex, ethnicity, and social status mean nothing. In Christ-we are all the same, united. Plus, if we are Christ’s, we are Abraham’s heirs. That mean we are all the chosen people.
Do we act according to this teaching? Do we treat all of our Christian brothers equally? Remember, it’s not the outside that matters to Christ- it’s what’s inside. Shouldn’t we be the same way?
Prayer- Lord, help us remember that we are all Your children. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home