Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Galatians 3:6-9

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
6Consider Abraham: "He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness."[

] 7Understand, then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. 8The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you."[b] 9So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith.
Footnotes:
Galatians 3:6 Gen. 15:6
Galatians 3:8 Gen. 12:3; 18:18; 22:18
This is where it is nice if we have looked at Genesis more deeply. The Jewish religion is based from Abraham. The Judaizers believed that in order to be able to get salvation, one had to become Jewish and keep the laws of Moses. Paul reminds them that Abraham, the father of the Jewish people, was blessed because of faith, not because of keeping the laws. Therefore...all believers of faith of every age and every nation share Abraham’s blessing. This is the foundation for our beliefs.
I never really examined this issue before, but Paul was right. Was Noah saved because of the diet he kept? No, he was saved by faith. Did Joseph, the great savior of the Hebrews or his father Jacob saved by the laws? The Patriarchs of the Jewish faith were blessed because they relied on God, not the laws. If we have faith in God, and therefore His Son Jesus, we will also be blessed. What a comfort this is, and something I believe we can all accept and understand.
Prayer- Lord, Thank you. Thank you for blessing us and thank you for showing us your love by your deeds and by our studying of your word. Go-Fight-Win. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home