Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, March 05, 2007

1 Timothy 5:21-25

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer-Dear Lord,Open our hearts and open our mind and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
21-23God and Jesus and angels all back me up in these instructions. Carry them out without favoritism, without taking sides. Don't appoint people to church leadership positions too hastily. If a person is involved in some serious sins, you don't want to become an unwitting accomplice. In any event, keep a close check on yourself. And don't worry too much about what the critics will say. Go ahead and drink a little wine, for instance; it's good for your digestion, good medicine for what ails you.
24-25The sins of some people are blatant and march them right into court. The sins of others don't show up until much later. The same with good deeds. Some you see right off, but none are hidden forever.
After I read these verses, I started to cringe. I have preaching to you guys "don’t drink" for years. I used "The Message" paraphrase for a reason. It states this as more of a for instance than a suggestion.
Paul wants Timothy to be more deliberate when dealing with the church. Take time, do things right. Do not add to sin because you need to fill a vacancy. This is something we all do from time to time. We start to do things on our schedule and needs and forget who is control. In case there is doubt, God is. Do things that are good for you and your walk with God, do not worry about what others think.
Prayer- Lord, help me do what You would have me do. Do not let me worry about what critics think, your time is my time. Go- Fight-Win. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home