Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, February 26, 2007

1 Timothy4:6-10

Relax, Read and Reflect.
Prayer: Dear Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
6If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed. 7Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives' tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. 8For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
9This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance 10(and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.
Before I drop my sons Ben and Grider off at school, I ask them two questions. "Are you ready physically as well as mentally, emotionally as well as spiritually?" Paul is basically telling his young student the same things. We can build up our bodies to help withstand disease and ailments, but if we are spiritually fit, we can withstand evil.
Living a Godly life requires practice, but this practice helps us both in this life and our eternal life. We can put our physical bodies to the test in sports and activities, but we put all our hope spiritually in the living God. So I ask all of ya’ll-Are you ready physically as well as mentally, emotionally as well as spiritually? If not, it is time to get in shape.
Prayer- Lord- Help keep us spiritually fit, so we can keep the promise of life. Go Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home