Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Philippians 1:19-21

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.


Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.[
] 20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Paul understands that salvation comes from Christ. He also suggests that salvation or deliverance can not come from us alone. It comes from prayers and through the Holy Spirit. Because of that, the burden of living Christlike lives is shared. He looks forward to being put to the test because his friends are praying for him and the Spirit is with him, because of that he will not be ashamed.
So often we feel like we are in this fight alone. We believe in God and the Spirit, we know we have friends but we do not call on their help. Maybe it is because we are afraid that even with prayers to help us we will still fail. Maybe it is because we are afraid we will succeed. What ever the reason we feel that we must live this life alone.
We are not alone! Christ is always with us. If Christ is always with us, shouldn’t we live as Christ lived? Read verse 21 again. As we prepare to celebrate our victory over death shouldn’t live like we are alive?
Prayer- Lord, help us to remember that you are always with us. We are never alone. Remind us that life is Christ. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home