Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

John 11:17-27

Relax, Read and Reflect

Prayer- lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

Jesus Comforts the Sisters
17On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. 18Bethany was less than two milesa]'> from Jerusalem, 19and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother. 20When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home.

21"Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."

23Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

24Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

25Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

27"Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ,b]'> the Son of God, who was to come into the world."

Lazarus, Jesus' friend, has died. People are already gathering to comfort his family. Martha, Lazarus' sister, meets Jesus as he approaches. She tells Jesus that if he had been hear earlier Lazarus would still be living. Jesus tells her that Lazarus will rise again, and she agrees that on the day of judgement Laz will rise again.

Jesus tells her that He is the resurrection, and who believes in him will never die. He even asks Martha if she believes. She does. What does this mean?

Questions:

1. Does this mean that people who truly believe that Jesus is Christ will live forever?

2. Do our physical bodies wear out? If we live forever the world should get crowded?

3. Is Jesus the judge? What is the evidence that He is looking for?

Prayer- Lord, help us remember that when we accept your love and grace, we will be with you forever. Help us share that great news with the world. Go-Fight-Win. Amen


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home