Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ephesians 3:1-6

Relax, Read and reflect
Prayer Lord, open my heart and open my mind so that I may learn. G-F-W. Amen.
Ephesians 3:1-6(New International Version)

Ephesians 3
Paul the Preacher to the Gentiles 1For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles-
2Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.
Paul is quick to point out that he is both literally and spiritually a prisoner. He wrote this letter from jail, because the Jewish leaders did not want him to preach about Jesus. He was also bound to Christ, and he understood that his task was to bring Jesus's message and grace to the gentiles. What makes this more amazing and powerful is that Paul was a Jew's Jew, and didn't have anything to do with gentiles until Christ converted him. Paul takes his administration of God's grace to the gentiles very seriously. He was in a bad spot ministering to people he had been taught to hate, yet he still understood that God was in control. Are we that committed? What would it take for us to do God's work no matter what?
Paul also continues to talk about the mystery of God's plan. God didn't hide anything from people, but it was not until Jesus came to earth and paid for all of us that God's full plan was revealed. After Jesus, there would be no dividing wall between God and his children, we are all called to be with him.
If Paul can be this positive and hard working, and he is no better or worse than we, what can we do to share God's grace. This is a constant question to all who read this letter, and it is Paul's question to the church. How can you respond?

Prayer- Dear God, Help me remember that when things are tough you are in control. Give me strength and give me wisdom for the next few days. Help me take on the job you would have me do. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

Things to do before tomorrow:
Read Ephesians 3:7-13
Take care of all things needed to be done before the weekend.
Share with others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home