Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Ephesians 4:1-6

Relax, Read and Reflect (3R's)

Prayer- Lord, open my heart and open my mind and help me to learn. G-F-W. Amen.

Ephesians 4:1-6

Unity in the Body of Christ

1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to one hope when you were called-- 5one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Again, we look at the title of these verses. The Unity in the body of Christ. Unity just does not happen, we have to work at it. We are all different people, with different dreams, backgrounds, attitudes, talents, and ways of seeing objective things. Differences can lead to division, but they should not in the church. These differences should make us stronger. Why? Look at verses 4-6. "There is one Spirit, one body, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all."

God made us all different so that we can use each others strengths to do his work, not to divide us. As one, our power is limitless. Separately, we are weak. If we are not united for our one purpose, we can not use God's strength effectively.

No one is perfect, that is why we as a family under God, must accept and love each other in spite of our faults. We must have patience, gentleness, and humility and others will show these traits while dealing with us. We must show kindness to get kindness. People will be watching us, what will they see? Remember, you are the best Christian some people see. Are you showing them the love and grace of Christ, or something else?

Prayer- Lord help me unite with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Help me be the example to others that I need to be. Let others see you through me. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

Things to do today: Read Ephesians 4:7-13

Be a positive model for Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home