Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ephesians 4:14-16

3R's
Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn.
Ephesians 4:14-16 (New International Version)
14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
As part of Christ, (his Church,) we are expected to live in his truth. We are no longer children, we must show Christ's truth. This is not always easy. Not only should we be honest in our words, but with our works as well. Speaking the truth is not always easy, but remember what Lee Friesen always said, "if it is done in Love, then it is right. If we speak the truth with love, then we are reflecting Christ.
We may be afraid that we can not always do the right thing, and if we fail we will be doing harm to the church and to God, so we do nothing. None of us are perfect. If we all were afraid to do things because we were scared we would fail, nothing would get done.
We need to support each other constantly, and building and growing in love. As each of us does their work, we need not fear failure. This fear is placed in us by Satan, the enemy of truth. We will not fear failure, because we have others who are with us to help us. This way, we will succeed.
Prayer- Dear Lord, Give me the strength to live in truth. Help me, and surround me with your angels from heaven and your disciples on earth. Go-Fight-Win. Amen

Things to do today- Read Ephesians 4:17-24
Begin living a life of truth. Remember, it takes practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home