Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

1 Timothy 6:11-16

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our heart and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
11But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 13In the sight of God, who gives life to everything, and of Christ Jesus, who while testifying before Pontius Pilate made the good confession, I charge you 14to keep this command without spot or blame until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.
Paul uses active verbs to encourage Timothy. He uses flee, pursue and fight. Sometimes we all need cheerleaders to stand on the sidelines and tell us to win. Not just win, but to win big. This is Paul’s job here and our job as well. Everyone knows the signature way I end prayer. It is more than just a cute little expression to get attention. It is a command and a request, it is encouragement and a promise. This is the Christian life. A life with Christ is not passive, it is active. We are not told to make friends for Christ, we are commanded to show Christ to our friends! We are not meek, we are God’s children and His foot soldiers. We are literally fighting a war we will not loose.
Prayer- I am ready God. Lead me in the way you want me to go. With you in front of me leading, beside me encouraging and behind me to push me, I can not fail. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home