Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Matthew 6:22-24

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
22"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
I am really starting to value vision, because I am at an age where mine is starting to fade. I understand how so much of the daily living is so strongly related to how I see things. The better I see, the more I can do. Spiritual vision is the same way. The more we see the world through God, the more of God’s work we can do. When we take our eyes off God, or start to use other things to illuminate our lives, the less we can do.
Re-read verse 24. Jesus is very specific in this teaching. Part of using God for spiritual vision is it gives us the ability to reflect. Who is your master? What do you serve? Is your eye fixed on God’s light, or the glimmer of earthly gold? Is our spiritual vision beginning to fade as our physical vision is?, or are we using the correct lamp for light?
Prayer- Lord, help us keep our eyes on You and let us see things as you enlighten them for us. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Viva Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home