Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Friday, March 06, 2009

Philippians 2:1-4

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.


Philippians 2:1-4 (New International Version)
Philippians 2
Imitating Christ's Humility
1If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.


I have verses 3 and 4 highlighted in my bible. That means that sometime in the past I felt they were very important, they are. If we are to be one church-one body, we should take care of one another. By lifting up each other, we are lifting up ourselves. When we show and share Christ’s love, we ourselves are being loved. That is very cool.
One of the benefits of daily, (or close to daily,) study of the Bible is you run across things you have already read, like today. Since I thought these verses were important then, I paid careful attention to them now. Guess what? This was exactly what I needed to hear from God today.
Prayer- Lord, Help us be as one. Help us lift up others in humility so that we can all experience your love. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home