Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ephesians 6:19-23

3R’s
Prayer-Dear Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen.
Ephesians 6:19-23 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

19Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
Final Greetings
21Tychicus, the dear brother and faithful servant in the Lord, will tell you everything, so that you also may know how I am and what I am doing. 22I am sending him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage you.
23Peace to the brothers, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Paul asks his followers to pray for him. He does not ask to be released or set free. Instead he asks for courage and wisdom. If you found yourself under house arrest in a distant land, what would you pray for?
Paul is sending an emissary to Ephesus to help explain things. Paul had created many churches during his ministry, and he sent friends and trusted companions to various places to encourage, nurture and to instruct the churches. This is important. We as Christians need nourishment, we need instruction and encouragement. We pay ministers to take care of congregations, but is our job, all of us, to help build and strengthen the church. If we listen to Paul, and listen to God, this should not be a problem.
Prayer- Dear Lord, Give me wisdom and strength. Strength to do your work and wisdom to figure out what it is. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Things to do-Decide what armor you have to wear, and then wear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home