Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ephesians 5:25-33

3R’s
Prayer-Dear Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen.
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing
a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[b] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
OK guys, we need to love our wives. I told you that Paul would have things for us to do. He spends over twice as long to tell us to love our wives as he tells wives to submit,(obey,) their husbands. What should a man do for his wife? Be ready to sacrifice everything for her. That is not easy, we want to take care of us first, that is a human condition. Christ sacrificed himself for us, and the union between husband and wife is the embodiment of the union of Christ and his followers.
The husband should take care of his wife as he would for his own body. He should cleans as he does he own body. Christ cleansed the church by the washing of baptism, and the husband should do all he can to keep his relationship pure. How
can we do this? We must keep ourselves clean,(spiritually as well as physically,) before we can expect to keep our family clean. We lead by example, and the example has been set by Christ.
Prayer-Dear Lord, help me stay clean, and create in me a desire to lead by example. Go- Fight-Win. Amen.
Things to do today: Pray, and ask God what he desires for you and your relationships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home