Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Ephesians 6:1-4

3R’s
Prayer-Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen
Ephesians 6
Children and Parents
1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2"Honor your father and mother"—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3"that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth."[
a] 4Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
Alright, we are finally getting somewhere. I think I will have all of my boys read verses 1-3 over and over. This is in line with the importance of the family unit. Believe it or not, usually it is our family that knows us the best. Decisions by the parents so often seem arbitrary and harsh, but are more often than not made in the best interest of the child. As we look at the situation, ask yourself who is thinking of the other party. Sometimes children are thinking of themselves, and what each rule means to them, not the family unit.
Parents should pray about their task in rasing their children, and the fathers should bring them up in training and instruction to the Lord. It is a two way street, parents and children should honor each other, and think of the other first. Is this the way we treat our parents? Do we honor them? Or do we worry about how their decisions are going to affect us?
Prayer- Lord, Help me become a better family member. Give my entire family peace and wisdom so that we may serve you better. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Things to do today-relax, and get ready to worship God. Reflect on what you have done this lenten season, and what you have left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home