Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Recap of Capter Four

3R’s
Prayer-Dear Lord, Open my heart and open my heart and help me to learn.
Chapter four was titled "Unity in the body of Christ." We can break the chapter, and unity, down by saying we are all one. We are one in the body-the church, Spirit-the Holy Spirit, hope-our future with God, Lord-Christ, Faith-our commitment to Christ, baptism-our entry into the church and God-our Father.
Paul reminds us that we should never be separated from each other by differences in doctrine. As long as we have unity, we can be effective through the Lord. Without unity, we stumble and fail. Do we spend more time uniting with each other as a universal church? How can each of us be more unifying and loving in the way we treat each other? This is not an option. Before we can heal and minister to others and bring them into the true faith, we must be healed inside.
Prayer-Lord, Make me a whole and complete Christian. I am your child, and I want to do the most I can to praise and glorify you. Thank you so much for all you do, and for all of us that you never forget. We love you. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home