Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Genesis 1:9-19

3R's
Prayer-Dear Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen
9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
God is creating all we need to survive. He creates land from water, and then creates all the vegetation and saw that was good. Is there really any doubt? Do you think God was experimenting as he created? No, God knew that these things were necessary, and after he created saw they were working. He then created sun and moon. Does that mean that the Earth is older than the sun? I don’t know, but to someone writing about creation thousands of years ago, it would seem that way. As we read more of Genesis, remember that the whole bases of our relationship with God is based on faith. I do not know all the answers, but so what. As Ashley Adkins, one of the students in this years senior Sunday School class so eloquently put it, "If I knew all the answers I wouldn’t need faith. How long did creation take? Was the Earth created before the sun? I don’t know. All I do know is that God created, and is creating. I know that there are oceans, seas, lakes as well as land. I also know that land is covered with vegetation. I also know that there is a moon and sun, the details are not important.
Prayer- Lord, Thank you for creating the world we live in, we will try not to destroy your works. Go-Fight-Win. Amen
Things to do today-Read Genesis 1:20-31 Rejoice in God’s creation, and have faith that we will take of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home