Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Recap of Ephesians

3 R's
Prayer: Lord, open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen.

What have we learned the last few weeks? Let's review-This is a letter to the Church at Ephesus. That Church had been started by Paul, and must have been one of his favorites. Paul wrote the letter while under house arrest, and even though he addressed it to the Ephesians, it was meant to be read by other churches in the area. It contains info for churches everywhere, even those in our world.
Paul tells us that unity in God is very important, and we as a church have the responsibility to show God in everything we do. We are all one body, made up of different parts. As a Church, we are unified through Christ, and all have different talents. We all must come together as one and love each other.
Families are the building stone of our lives. Paul gives us advice and instruction on how to be better families. He also reminds us that there is evil and we need to be prepared to deal with Satan always. We need to surround ourselves with the Holy Spirit, and get dressed in the Armor of the Lord. If we show our Christian love to everyone, we are showing God's love for Man.
Prayer: Dear Lord; Thank you for giving us instructions to learn from, and thank you for giving us examples to follow. Go-Fight-Win. Amen
Things to do-Reflect on this book, and start reading Genesis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home