Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

1 Timothy 1:12-17

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer-Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen
The Lord's Grace to Paul
12I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. 13Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Do you ever feel like you are not worthy of God’s love? That you have done something so horrible that God will not want you? That is guilt talking, not God. Paul states that he was the worst of the worst. He really did bad things to God and the Holy Spirit, but even he was worthy of God’s love and grace.
Re-read verse 15, Christ Jesus came into this world to SAVE SINNERS! We think of Paul as this hero of faith, yet he considered himself the lowest of low. He did accept God’s love, and by God’s grace he was saved. The same grace is yours, and the same offer of God’s love. Will you accept it?
Prayer- Lord, Pour out Your love and Grace on me, a sinner, abundantly. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home