Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ruth 1:19-22

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

19 So the two women went on until they came to Bethlehem. When they arrived in Bethlehem, the whole town was stirred because of them, and the women exclaimed, "Can this be Naomi?"
20 "Don't call me Naomi, [
a] " she told them. "Call me Mara, [b] because the Almighty [c] has made my life very bitter. 21 I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi? The LORD has afflicted [d] me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me."
22 So Naomi returned from Moab accompanied by Ruth the Moabitess, her daughter-in-law, arriving in Bethlehem as the barley harvest was beginning.


Poor Naomi, when she left Israel she had a husband and security. Now she comes back a widow and poor, and she copped a ‘tude. She was in great sorrow and depressed, but did not notice the gifts she had. She had God, and a very loyal daughter in law that could have-and should have deserted her.
We tend to act like Naomi. When times get difficult we focus on the bad things that happen. Many times there are good things that come out of bad situations, but if we are too busy feeling sorry for ourselves we can miss them. God is always with us, even when we deal with unpleasant things. When things get bad, look and see what God has given you to help you cope.
Prayer- Thank you God for never leaving us, even when we turn our backs on You. Help us see the good around us, even if we have to look in a different place than we are used to. Go-Fight-Win. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home