Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Matthew 5:11-12

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Hold on here, is Jesus saying we should want to be persecuted? That’s....revolutionary! I think I used to date a girl that really wanted to be blessed.
Yes, Jesus is saying that we should rejoice to be persecuted BECAUSE OF HIM! If we are being talked about and shunned because we walk with Christ, we should be happy.
But why would we ever want to be persecuted, persecution hurts. Try to remember, what is it that we really want-earthly rewards or heavenly rewards. If we want our gifts to be those in heaven, we need to keep our eyes on that prize. Remember, no pain-no gain! The more we have to work to keep our faith, the more we exercise our faith, and the stronger it becomes. Make since?
The fact we are being picked on because of our faith in Christ means that people are noticing, and that shows your life is being an example. If it did not worry others, they would not care. If you do not worry Satan, he won’t care. If you are being persecuted because of Christ, it is not by God. Therefore; you are being successful. Besides: "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me." Unless people are throwing rocks, don’t worry.
Prayer, Lord Help me remember when I am being insulted or persecuted that I should rejoice. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Viva Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home