Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Matthew 6:25-27

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer-Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[
a]?

I can hear the chorus of that old classic "Don’t Worry-Be Happy" going through my mind. Jesus continues to be radical in his teaching by telling us not to worry.
Worry brings many ill effects to our lives. It can cause physical problems, emotional problems and spiritual problems. Worry can literally make us sick. The main problem with worry is that is comes between our lives and our faith in God. If we get focused on our worries, and the factors causing those worries, (food, shelter, clothing,) we elevate this over our relationship with our Lord. God will provide.
Jesus is not telling us to lay around and do nothing. God provides by giving us opportunities to help ourselves. Don’t worry, but work hard. Re-read last verse, (again.) That about sums it up!
Prayer- Lord, Help us keep our faith that you will provide. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Viva Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home