Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Genesis 1:20-31

3R’s
Prayer-Dear Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen.
Genesis 1:20-31 (New International Version)
20 And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.
24 And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [
a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
This concludes the first creation story. As God creates, he becomes proud of his work. He sees that it is good. We need to take pride in what we do and what we create. God created animals, fish and birds. Then he created Man. I do not believe this was an accident. We are created in God’s own image. Does this mean that God looks like a human? Not necessarily. We are created as God wants us to look. Did anyone else notice in verse 26 it says "Let us make man in our own image." There is a plural there. What does this mean? Are there more than one God? I don’t believe so. Even during creation the Trinity was involved, God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.
God gives Man dominion over all the earth, and what a tremendous responsibility that is. We are in charge of a fragile balance that is life. Do you think we are doing a good job as caretakers of God’s creation?
Prayer-Dear Lord, Give me the wisdom to properly take care of all you trusted me with. Help me and guide me, because I can not do a good job without your help. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Things to do today- Read Genesis 2:1-3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home