Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Genesis 2:1-3

3R’s (Relax, Read and Reflect)
Prayer-Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen.
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested [
a] from all his work. 3 And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
This may be considered a day of rest because our verses are so short. These verses are important, however. After God created, he rested. Not only did he rest on the seventh day, he blessed it and made it holy.
One of the major obstacles we face in our Christian walk today does not come from outside, it comes from within. We try to do so many things in such a limited time that we don’t take time to recharge-physically as well as spiritually. We are in such a hurry we don’t realize that we are going nowhere-fast.
One of the things I missed the most in Texas are "blue laws." These were laws that prohibited certain things from being sold on Sunday. It seems very archaic to lots of people now, but it allowed many people a break from the work week, from their labors. They did not force citizens to worship, but it gave them a better opportunity. Now we expect everybody to work seven days a week, and that is wrong! God realized he needed to rest, are we better than God? With the rest comes that time for fellowship and worship. This is where we become stronger in our faith. If we don’t worship and fellowship, it is harder for us to grow spiritually, and that is when we become susceptible to sin and temptation. Maybe God knew what he was doing?
Prayer-Lord, Help me to slow down. Help me organize my life so that I can do the things I need to do in the world, and also take time to do the things you need me to do. Go-Fight-Win. Amen,
Things to do- Look at your life. Really look and see if you are living for God, or are you living for something else? Read about Adam-Genesis 2:4-18


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home