Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Genesis 2:19-25

.
3R’s
Prayer-Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen.
Genesis 2:19-25
19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the beasts of the field and all the birds of the air. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam [
a] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs [b] and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib [c] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, [
d] ' for she was taken out of man."
24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
25 The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
Can you imagine how Adam felt having to name all the animals? I was unsure when I named Ben and Grider. How did he do it? That will be one of those little mysteries. What is more puzzling however, is that Adam was looking for a helper as he named the animals, and did not find one,(where were the border collies?) God had to do so more creating.
Man and woman are out of one flesh. When they are combined they make a perfect team, each helping the other as they go through the world. Man has to leave his parents however, and then trust God as he starts their own family.
Prayer- Lord, Thank you for caring enough to make helpers for us. Let us choose our mates wisely, for as teams we are more effective than two separate people. Go-Fight-Win. Amen
Things to do-Think about what Adan had to do in naming all the animals. Suddenly your homework doesn’t seem so tough. Read Genesis 3:1-7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home