Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Genesis 3:8-15

3R’s (Relax, Read, Reflect)
Prayer-Lord, Open my heart and open my mind and help me learn. G-F-W. Amen.
Genesis 3:8-15
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"
10 He answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."
11 And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"
12 The man said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it."
13 Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring [
a] and hers; he will crush [b] your head, and you will strike his heel."
Can you imagine trying to hide from God? Putting on fig leaves,(which make you really itch,) and get away from God. God created the entire garden, the entire world, and Adam and Eve thought they could put on camo and hide from him. That is almost humorous, right? Don’t we do the same thing? We sin against God and we try to hide from God. We have the same success as Adam did, but still we try.
God walked with Adam and Eve because He wanted to have a relationship with them. He walks with us for the same reason. Like Adam, we dis-obey God, and are punished. Also, like Adam and Eve we try to blame others for our mistakes. Satan will do anything to get us to hide from God, because then we are closer to him. That makes since, if we are distant from God, we must be closer to Satan.
God loves us, but he will punish us for sinning. The good news is that because of Jesus, God is willing to forgive us and restore our relationship with him. Once we stop hiding and admit our sins, God is willing to walk with us again and protect us from evil.
Prayer- Lord, Thank you for wanting to have a relationship with us. Even when we sin against you, let us always remember to walk with you, and protect us from evil. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Things to do-Read the rest of Chapter three, and think of the times you tried to hide from God. How did that work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home