Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Philippians 2:14-18

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.


Philippians 2:14-18 (New International Version)
14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out[
a] the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. 17But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. 18So you too should be glad and rejoice with me.

What good does is do to complain? Does anyone really want to hear? God has put us on earth to be a shining example of real life. Leave the bickering to those who don’t know God, that way we know who to love.
When we live a life of peace, we are not as likely to be bogged down by the world. It’s not always easy to live the life God wants us to live. Every day we live in harmony with our brothers and sisters is a day we can be proud of, because that is an example to others.
Paul knows he may be executed. That is a sacrifice he is willing to make as long as his friends can live a life with Jesus because of his actions. Are we willing to do the same?
Prayer- Lord, help us get along with each other. Help us shine like the stars. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home