Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Matthew 5:17-18

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
What is the Law? Why should law be scared of the Truth? We are now revolutionaries, like Jesus. Many in the crowd think we are here to break the law, or to establish a new set of laws. Isn’t that what revolutionaries do?
No, we are here to fulfill laws, fulfill what is right. We are not revolting against laws, we are revolting against the ignoring of God’s law. Laws are good, and God sent us laws to help us live. Now we are fulfilling these laws.
Prayer- Lord, Help us obey our laws and strive to do what is right. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.
Viva Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home