Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Monday, March 16, 2009

Philippians 2:25-30

Relax, Read and Reflect.
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

Philippians 2:25-30 (New International Version)
25But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs. 26For he longs for all of you and is distressed because you heard he was ill. 27Indeed he was ill, and almost died. But God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, to spare me sorrow upon sorrow. 28Therefore I am all the more eager to send him, so that when you see him again you may be glad and I may have less anxiety. 29Welcome him in the Lord with great joy, and honor men like him, 30because he almost died for the work of Christ, risking his life to make up for the help you could not give me.

Epaphroditus (I will refer to him as Epi from now on,) was a part of this church who visited Paul in prison. While visiting Epi became very sick. Paul thinks that because he lived, God had big plans for him. He is sending him home and telling his friends that Epi is now special.

Are we special? Do we all have a set plan that God has for us to follow? Yes. I can look at my own life and see how God has worked to help me. I can also look at things that at the time were obstacles that now I know were ways God diverted me to better trails. This is one way God works through us. He worked through Epi, he will work through you.

Prayer- Lord, Help us to remember to be patient. We want to be your servants, but sometimes we want to do the guiding as well. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home