Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Philippians 3:1-3

Relax, Read and Reflect
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

No Confidence in the Flesh
1Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.
2Watch out for those dogs, those men who do evil, those mutilators of the flesh. 3For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh—


Paul continues to warn against false prophets. There must have been a big problem with false teaching in the early church. Have things changed? His main point here is put no confidence in the person teaching, put confidence in Jesus.
When I see big congregations that worship their minister, I get a little nervous. Especially when that minister is preaching financial prosperity through the church. I am not condemning these guys, but I am being safe around them.

Prayer- Lord, Give us the wisdom to see evil. Keep us from false prophets and help us stay pure in Your word. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home