Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Philippians 3:12-16

Relax, Read and Reflect

Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

Pressing on Toward the Goal
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
15All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16Only let us live up to what we have already attained.


Paul exhorts the church, (that’s us,) to continue towards our goal. We want what Christ has for us. Even though righteousness we are part of God’s kingdom, that does not relieve us from continuing to work towards our goals.
Yes, we are saved because of what Christ did, not because of anything we did. Part of the deal is that we need to spread the gospel and love each other. If we accept the love of Christ but do not show it or spread it, we are behaving like spoiled little children. If we want to be mature christians, we have to act like them.

Prayer- Lord, keep us making positive strides towards You. We want and seek the prize, and we want others to take it as well. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home