Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Philippians 3:7-11

Relax, Read and Reflect.
Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

7But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. 10I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Even though Paul was on the fast track to religious success, he dumped everything to follow Jesus. He walked away from certain glory and power on earth, and considered those things trash. The greatest thing, the highest goal for Paul was a relationship with Christ. By knowing Christ, Paul feels we also know the suffering he felt. We also feel the resurrection in our daily lives.
Is this a fair trade? Is it fine to trade the rewards of the earth for the rewards of the heart? Paul thought it was, and so does God.


Prayer- Lord, Help us remember our priorities as we go through life. Flesh is fine, but glory is forever. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home