Alumni Bible Study

A Bible study initially set up for alumni of the Senior Sunday School Class at the First United Methodist Church of Lufkin, Texas. It is our hope and our prayer that this study touches the hearts of those who participate and helps spread the love and grace of Our Lord and God. All who want to learn more about God are welcome

My Photo
Name:
Location: lufkin, Texas, United States

I am a Christian family man, Lay Pastor and writer from Deep East Texas. I love life, and I enjoy working with young people. I have published two books; "A Small Mind Among Tall Trees" and "God If You Are Not Too Busy, Can You Give Me a Hand". If you want to obtain a copy drop me an e-mail or go to amazon.com or barnesand noble.com . I have been a salesman, cowman and athlete in my past. I still have a strong sense of humor and am not afraid to use it.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Philippians 4:4-7

Relax, Read and Reflect

Prayer- Lord, Open our hearts and open our minds and help us learn. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Sometimes we get a group of verses that do not require much commentary. Today is one of those days. Paul is encouraging and motivating the church at Philippi. These four verses pretty well get right to the "lick log."
Sometimes we try to make things complicated. It may be our human instinct to make things legalistic, or a belief that anything great has to be complicated. A Christian life can be very simple, these verses prove that.
I want to make a challenge. If anyone has had a deep conversation with another Christian or a non believer about what it takes to live with God, and you were looking for verses to help-send these to that person.


Prayer- Lord, we do rejoice in you. Give us the peace and understanding that comes from our faith in You. Go-Fight-Win. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home